Here is the Cat 2018 notification PDF
Date-The Indian Institutes of Management will conduct computer-based Common Admission Test 2018 (CAT 2018) on Sunday, 25 th November, 2018 in two sessions.
CAT website: CAT 2018
Help Desk Number: 18002090830
CAT 2018 ELIGIBILITY
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree,
- with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons With Disability (PWD) categories],
The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate would be calculated based on the practice as followed by the respective University/Institution.
In case of grades / CGPA, the conversion to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure as certified by the respective University/ institution. If any University/institution confirms that there is no scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA, and multiplying the result with 100.
Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply.
- 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC),
- 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates,
- 27% of seats for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the “Non-Creamy” layer (NC-OBC),
- 5% for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwD).
PAYMENT OF CAT REGISTRATION FEE
- ₹950 for SC, ST and PwD category candidates.
- ₹1900 for all other categories of candidates.
- FOR CAT The registration window opens on 8th August, 2018 and will close at 5:00 p.m. on 19th September, 2018.
- The details will be available in the registration guide. At the time of registration, the candidates have to select any four Test Cities as per their preference from the drop down menu.
- After the last date of registration, candidates will be allotted one among the four preferred cities subject to availability.
- In the rare case that a candidate is not allotted any of the preferred cities, he/she will be allotted a nearby city.
- The candidates can download the admit cards from 24th October, 2018 till 25th November, 2018.
CAT 2018 SCORE RESULTS– Candidates’ CAT 2018 score card will be made accessible at the CAT website. Candidates may also be intimated individually by SMS. The CAT results are likely be declared by second week of January, 2019.
VALIDITY-CAT 2018 score is valid only till December 31, 2019 and will accordingly be accessible on the website.CAT 2018 Full Notification PDF