If you have read the medium wacom article and still confused, don’t worry.Here are easy steps to install wacom tablet in ubuntu
- Open a terminal in ubuntu (control+alt+T) and run the following piece of code one by one.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:doctormo/wacom-plus sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
- Download the latest release of wacom from here. On the page, click on release page which will take you to the download page.
- You can also skip the previous line and download the package from here. https://github.com/linuxwacom/input-wacom/releases/download/input-wacom-0.44.0/input-wacom-0.44.0.tar.bz2
- Unzip the file.
- If the unzipped file is in your Downloads folder with folder name input-wacom-0.44.0, follow the steps below.
- Go to the Downloads folder.
- Go to the input wacom folder.
- Run this command.
if test -x ./autogen.sh; then ./autogen.sh; else ./configure; fi && make && sudo make install || echo "Build Failed"
- Now restart your computer. Your wacom device is ready to be used in ubuntu.